Monday, April 14, 2008

The Weight of Lies....

The Iraq War bothers me considerably. As a citizen, other than voicing my opinion and donating to drives for troop benefits I feel there is little I can do and this helpless feeling compounds the situation. I would feel confident enough in my state that others in this country feel the same. I am exhausted from this topic. Emotionally the people of this country seem so drained from the constant news and constant horror. Aren't administrators tired of all this? I was not alive for the Vietnam War, and that is a tiresome and sensitive enough subject let alone this disaster. This situation is deplorable not only for the American public morale, but devastates those in Iraq whom are our equals and to live one second in a war torn country for as long as that area has, I'm afraid to say I doubt we would survive. These people have not known peace for their entire existence. We have been involved in conflict of foreign policy, sure, however we never fight theses battles on our home soil among civilian territory. Yes, we have been attacked on home soil, but we have never waged a war here since the American Revolution. The American people are sheltered in many senses because they have never known what war really entails. Even media coverage only goes so far and now the government is attempting to narrow that coverage or divert its attention. I hope "victory," or more appropriately the complete eradication of former typical traditions, whether Islamic or not, is reconsidered because success will not mean green lawns and porch parties for these people. Instead it means total reconstruction of cities, neighborhoods, families, and lives demolished because of a lie.

No comments: