Monday, February 4, 2008

The Unexperienced World

I like the discussion of perceiving the unperceived reality. Merely having the notion, or conceiving the thought of something therefore makes it a perception in the universe. It is empowering to take to heart anything one can dream up, they could possibly make their reality. Our individual perceptions come together on what overlaps and this creates the world in which we live and share, however where our experiences differ creates the gray.

I think the world does exist independent of us because, as the Neptune example in class, there are places and creatures which some people know to exist in their experiences which I will never experience for myself, however they do exist and I accept their existence despite my personal lack of seeing or experiencing it for myself. This last statement could lead into the notion seeing is believing but this is not my goal for right now.



The Earth exists independent of us as it did before we got here or evolved to the point as which we are now. However, where we have settled and developed our perceptions into technology, we actively make more comfortable, whether by raising food and shelter for survival, or aesthetically pleasing to inhabit with the community. I also think our perceptions are meant to be shared and developed because we are a communal species seeking knowledge and means to thrive in the environment which we live.


No comments: